Imagine an organization in which people:
- Communicate openly across business functions and departments
- Are always aware of the company’s objectives and priorities, even as they rapidly evolve
- Perform multiple different roles during the day
- Self-select for projects based on interest, expertise and importance to the business
- Locate needed information in real time
- Work as mobile and distributed participants—even beyond the walls of the company—as partners, customers, contractors and suppliers
Highly recommend “The Collaboration Imperative: Executive Strategies for Unlocking Your Organization’s True Potential” written by Cisco executives Ron Ricci, Vice President of Corporate Positioning, and Carl Wiese, Senior Vice President of Global Collaboration Sales.